Leadership At Work
This eight-day leadership and management program, running in four two-day modules, is offered publicly as well as being adopted in-house in both the health sector and specific manufacturing industries.
Today, more than ever, improving productivity and remaining competitive requires full support of all employees working as a team. Engaging employees in your business through shared vision and values, charges up productivity and is like moving from second gear into overdrive.
The critical link between a corporate strategy and the people that make it happen is the middle manager and the first-line team leader, who are often selected for their technical skills and expertise. However, many find that leading and managing people is a more difficult challenge. The good news is that these skills, like technical expertise, can be taught.
This nationally recognised program develops the ability to motivate, coach and counsel people in today’s changing environment. The program provides participants with practical skills and techniques, which they can then apply to current workplace situations.
Modules involve adult learning principles to ensure participants get the maximum benefit through a range of presentation and group participation techniques including; use of DVDs, role-playing, simulations, games, question and answer sessions. Participants have described these techniques as ‘practical, fun, and supportive’.
Leading & developing teams
- The role of the team leader and manager leadership and management styles
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Team development and coaching
- The role of leadership in motivation communication techniques
- Change management
- Performance counselling
- Prioritising and planning
- Time management
- Setting objectives and delegation
- DISC – behavioural profiling tool, recruitment and selection
- Performance planning
- Best practice management systems appropriate counselling and warnings termination of employment
- Team building
Problem solving & decision making
- Identifying the REAL problem
- Information gathering
- Goal setting
- Group problem solving
- Problem solving tools
- Blocks to solving problems
- Improving our decision making
- Ten problem solving steps
- Nature and causes of conflict
- Strategies for resolving conflict
- Conflict resolution styles
- Using assertiveness to achieve win/win the dialogue approach
- Ten steps in conflict resolution
Effective Team Meetings
- Why meetings matter
- Developing objectives
- Planning the meeting
- Role of the leader and participants handling difficult behaviour
- Follow up actions
8.30am – 4.30pm each day.
Fees for 2020
All fees are inclusive of GST and all course materials
Contact us to make a booking or register.